Dear Jesus thank you for today. We learnt last week to obey you and keep our eyes focused on you. This week Jesus help the children learn how even nature listens to you! Amen
QUESTIONS PARENTS CAN ASK CHILDREN
- What was happening before Jesus and the disciples got in the boat? (Jesus was preaching to the crowd)
- Did this story happen during the day or night? (Night)
- Based on the description, was the storm large or small?(Large)
- When the storm came up, how did the disciples react? (They were scared)
- What was Jesus doing when the storm began? (Sleeping)
- What did the disciples say when they woke Jesus up? (They shouted, “Save us we are going to drown, don’t you care we are going to drown?”)
- What did Jesus do and/or say to stop the storm? (Jesus said “Why are you afraid; you have so little faith.” Jesus stood up put up his hands and said “Silence and be still.”
- What did Jesus do and/or say after he stopped the storm?(Where is your faith?)
- How did the disciples respond? (They were terrified and amazed. Who is this man that even the wind and waves obey him)
BIBLE VERSE TO LEARN THIS WEEK
“Jesus stood up and commanded the wind and the waves to stop. He said, ‘Silence! Be still!’ Then the wind stopped, and the lake became calm.” Mark 4:39
Materials for craft
- Water Bottle with Lid
- Cooking Oil
- Small things that will float and sink (pebbles, bark, beads)
- Blue food colouring
- Glue Gun
- Fill Bottle 1/2 Full of water
- Put in small objects
- Add a drop of food coloring to make water light blue
- Fill rest of the bottle to the top with cooking oil
- Make sure rim, top and lid are dry
- Put a bead of hot glue around the rim and put lid on. You can also add a bead of glue around the base of the lid to make sure it is sealed.
- Hold bottle sideways and rock it back and forth to produce waves. To calm the waves, stop the rocking motion.
IDEAS TO DO WITH YOUR CHILDREN DURING THE WEEK
- Make a list of the strongest people you know and the hardest things for you to do. Tell the children that Jesus is stronger and can do all of their hardest things on their list.
- God is in control of all things. During thunderstorms remind your child that God is more powerful than the rain and the wind.
- Enjoy the breezy days by flying a kite “blown by God”
Dear God, You are awesome and powerful!! Jesus, you are very powerful and we can trust you to take care of us. Amen