Dear God thank you for the nice weather we had this week. Today let the children learn how Joshua was faithful to God. Let us pray that this virus will slow down all over the world. Amen
QUESTIONS PARENTS CAN ASK CHILDREN
- What did God want Joshua to do? (march around Jericho for 7 days)
- What happened when they marched around Jericho? (made the walls fall down)
- What was God asking Joshua to do? (obey him)
- Who else in our lives do we have to obey? (parents)
BIBLE VERSE TO LEARN THIS WEEK
“Then Joshua gave the command: ‘Now, shout! The Lord has given you this city!” Joshua 6:16
MATERIAL NEEDED FOR CRAFTS
- Sugar cubes
- White glue (not glue stick)
- Paper plate
DESCRIPTION OF CRAFT
- Put glue in a square on the paper plate and put a row of sugar cubes on top of glue.
- Put glue on top of that row and place another row of sugar cubes.
- Put glue on each of the 4 corners and put a sugar cube in each corner.
- Carefully draw a gate on the wall.
- Colour dirt around the walls.
IDEAS TO DO WITH YOUR CHILDREN DURING THE WEEK
- Point out to your child the times when he/she is faithful and obeys you without question.
- A game you can play this week if you have large blocks or small boxes: build a wall with them. Have child march around the wall 7 times. When finished, give a large shout together, then gently knock the wall down. Remind the child why Joshua marched around the wall-to obey God
Dear God I will be faithful and obey you and my parents. Amen